The nursery project is definitely underway and I’m feeling much more settled about having two kids and two bedrooms at the ready. A lot has changed since I’ve shared my nursery plan a week or two ago. Here is the original to-do list:
And here is what it looked like when we started tearing it up. Now mind you, it was just tidied up before my parents came to stay so the closet is full of stuff.
A few things have been crossed off now, either because they have been completed or because we have changed our minds! So here is the breakdown: we are moving Jude to the guest room and making it a big boy/guest room and leaving his nursery as a nursery. It was my husband’s genius idea to do this. I didn’t even consider it! But when he said it, it just made sense. The nursery already has baby gear stored in the closet, a diaper changing station, and a rocker/glider chair. I’ll make a few changes in there to make it feel “new” for this baby, but nothing drastic.
That mean a lot less to do in Jude’s big boy room! Here’s how the list looks now:
Paint Walls: Tan Stripes
We crossed this off for two reasons: 1} we are painting blue stripes now and 2} we finished painting!
The room was just too small to add another piece of furniture, so instead Matt is adding shelving to the closet! More to come on that front soon!
Move nightstands out
Everything is out besides the crib and the guest bed, so things are looking good.
Find tan sheets
We’ve got some cute blue, green, and brown sheets with airplanes from a friend who’s boy outgrew them. So we’ve got sheets and blankets ready to go for Jude!
Purchase blue/sea foam blackout curtains
Since we changed the wall color to blue, we switched to brown blackout curtains instead. We picked some up at Target last week and I can’t wait to hang them… I just need to spray paint the curtain rods first!
Figure out lighting for space
Thanks to my Ikea trip with Jude & my mom, we have some great pendant lamps! We just have to figure out how and where to put them!
Since the nursery is staying a nursery, there is no need for a diaper station in Jude’s big boy room. Since we use cloth diapers, we only need one spot for all the diapers and since it’s all set up in the nursery that’s where it will stay!
Here is how the progress looks in photos.
Mostly we’ve been finishing the painting, putting bedding into place, adding shelves, and working on the rest of the to-do list. I’m working on a full explanation on how we planned out and painted our stripes with some tips and tricks!
I’m hoping to have everything finished in a week or so and then we can get to organizing and moving Jude’s stuff in there! He already loves hanging out in there and helping us work so I’m hoping the transition will be smooth… we shall see!
On to Tuesday Talk, let’s link up and see what’s new with everyone else!
[inlinkz_linkup id=621924 mode=1]