Yesterday was warm. I say “warm” pretty loosely, since it’s been below zero lately around here. 63 degrees yesterday, and I could tell. My body has this sense, I think, that when it starts to warm up after being FREEZING, it’s ready to clean. Good thing this “warm up” happened on a Saturday, when I do my normal Saturday things anyway. (You know, Saturday things- coffee, sweatpants, cleaning the bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, laundry, deep cleaning the kitchen.) I thought that everyone called this “Saturday things”; I thought this was normal. I also thought saying “food store” was normal. Come to find out everyone calls it the “grocery store” or just “the grocery”. My childhood was all lies!
Instead of boring you with before and after pictures of my deep cleaning Saturday, in which I would probably lose some readers, I’ll just talk about my cleaning habits instead. Nothing gross, I promise.
I’m not a bucket person. Why do I want to keep dipping my sponge/rag/mop into a bucket of dirty water? Then you have to keep dumping it out and refilling it. Yuck. So instead I try to do everything without a bucket.
These are my go-to products on any given Saturday.
1) Yellow Rubber Gloves: These are essential, and magical. You put these suckers on and you can tackle anything. Seriously, they give me a whole new attitude.
2) To-Do List: Always keeps me on task. Sometimes the lists are a little ambitious, but it keeps me focused.
3) Clorox Bleach Spray: One of my favorite sprays. Because you can SMELL the clean.
4) Clorox Wipes: I use these for everything: kitchen cabinets, baseboards, door knobs, spots on the kitchen floor, bathroom sinks… the list goes on.
5) Pink Spray: I honestly don’t quite remember what this one is. I bought it because it has a grapefruit smell to it and, hello, it’s pink. BUT I dropped the bottle one day and broke it. I had to pour the whole thing into a new spray bottle. I’m going to have a rough time when it runs out.
6) Dust Buster: Yep, it was a requested Christmas present a few years back. It’s true. And I love it. Easy way to suck up dirt by the front door, or just to do a quick sweep of the bathroom floors.
7) Swiffer Sweeper: I am about 10 years behind on the Swiffer movement. But I just bought one and have LOVED it so far. I just have the classic model, nothing fancy, and use the wet cleaning pads. It works great on all my hard floors.
Battle wounds- be ready for them when using anything with bleach. I was jamming to some tunes, had my yellow rubber gloves on, and started going a little crazy with the clorox bleach spray. These sweats will forever be my Saturday Things pants.
And now it’s supposed to snow today. So much for the warm weather and the cleaning! There will be no more deep cleaning until I get the warmer weather!